Monday, May 14, 2012

So I Voted in the Primary Today

I broke with tradition and voted on the first day of Early Voting, mainly because they changed Early Voting locations this year, and this took me right past an Early Vote polling location on my drive home from work. In the past it was a little out of the way, but I liked to talk to the lonely poll workers at my habitual Early Vote location. It was a matter of time, though that they got moved.

I’ll miss our conversations.

The Democratic Primary, with the exception of one race, is pretty boring. One candidate running for each office. Republicans have far more fun in their primaries, particularly in contested races where the good ol’ boy network is being challenged.

I am particularly taken by the Republican challenger to a Justice of the Peace office currently held by Gary Janssen. Janssen feels a bit of heat at being challenged by Gregory Thompson for his office. Whenever Thompson has a meet and greet it gets visited by numerous Sheriff’s Department cruisers as they drive by again, and again, and again.

I was once told that Janssen’s wife testified at a trial brought by a present candidate for County Sheriff, for the candidate’s position.

One hand washes the other.

But I digress.

It was very boring voting in the Democratic Primary. With the exception of the CD-22 race which is again a challenged race between KP George and bat-guano crazy Kool-Aid swigging LaRouche “Democrat” Kesha Rogers. Last time it was embarrassing. African-American voters will readily admit that they are motivated to vote for African-American candidates, and Kesha is that. That despite the fact that LaRouche “Democrats” are challenged in the racial acceptance area. Kesha went on to certain defeat against Pete Olson, a tall guy with a weak mind who has himself a primary challenger in Barbara Carlson, a Sarah Palin knock off, minus the MILF.

Let the games begin.

No comments: