Saturday, October 30, 2010

What I’ll “Be” This Halloween

What are you going to "be" on Halloween?

That was what we used to ask each other back in the day. Back when I went out Trick-or-Treating with my friends.

And so I asked a friend yesterday what her young son was going to “be” this Halloween and she replied “he wants to be a scary man.”

A scary man.

That leaves it pretty much open, then, how exactly you pull off the “scary man” look. But I thought about it some and concluded that that very probably entailed every costume I ever devised during my tenure as a Trick-or-Treater.

Except for the time I was a space man, that is.

So this year, I think I’ll follow my friend’s son’s lead and go out as the scariest man I can think of, and hopefully I’ll frighten the bejesus out of everyone who sees me and swear that they will never want to look or act like me in their lifetimes.

No comments: