Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Yikes! It’s Ike!

It’s like déjà vu all over again.

This time 3 years ago we were all watching as the forecast tracks of Hurricane Rita curved their way across the Gulf, first forecast to hit south Texas, then Freeport, then aimed at ME, and then tracking in at the Texas-Louisiana border.

Now it looks like Ike is pulling the same stunt.

And so, friends and neighbors, keep high and dry and if you don’t hear from me after tomorrow (Thursday) it’s because I’m busy burrowing in.
UPDATE:
Well look at that. From yesterday until today the hurricane track models have shifted from Freeport, to ME, to at this point in time, Galveston. Just like Rita. Now I am not one to wish disaster on those to the east of me, but, personally, I am slightly less stressed today.

No comments: