Tuesday, January 24, 2012

State of the Union is Tonight

President Barack Hussein Obama’s 3rd State of the Union speech will be delivered tonight to a joint congress, the Justices of the Supreme Court, his cabinet and invited guests. Watch parties have sprung up everywhere but it’s a school night and I rarely venture out on a school night, so I will pop my popcorn, get into my “Snuggie,” and watch the proceedings from my cold dark living room.

I wonder what they are going to pull tonight. Will we get another belligerent shout out from the floor from some sleazoid Republican with no manners at all? Will one of the SCOTUS Justices shake his head to indicate that what the President was saying wasn’t true?

Now we know the truth of President Obama’s remark about Citizens United. We are now witnessing the fruits of the Supreme Court’s worst decision in the history of history. Super PACs are pouring millions into campaigns. Ironically, it is affecting the Republican primaries more than anything else, creating chaos as one of the final four rises to the lead, allowing them to be clawed apart by PAC money ads spreading lie after lie. Or sometimes, the truth which for some of the candidates, is not a good thing.

What else? What other truth will be completely denied by the professional liars of the right?

Guess I’ll take a tally.

No comments: