Friday, October 19, 2007

Nick Lampson on the SCHIP Vote

I, and a bunch of other people, got this message from our Texas CD-22 Congressman Nick Lampson on the SCHIP vote. I wanted to post it to my blog to give credit where credit is due. Nick doesn't always vote my way. But on SCHIP he voted for the kids. For us.

Only two Democrats voted against the kids and may they truly burn in H-E-double hockey sticks. But not our Nick. Nick wanted our kids to have health coverage. Uncompassionate Conservatives denied them the front door to health care, relegating them to the Emergency Room.

Here is my congressman's statement on his vote.
"Yesterday, the House of Representatives voted unsuccessfully to override President Bush's veto of the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP). The bipartisan SCHIP bill would have provided health care to 10 million children, including 500,000 here in Texas."

"I want you to know that I strongly support SCHIP and will continue the fight for America's children. I believe that turning SCHIP into a partisan political football is wrong, especially since so many people favor this vital program. National polling indicated that over 70% of Americans supported our SCHIP legislation, including 61% of Republicans. Many Democrats and Republicans, including Senator Hutchison, joined me in casting a vote for this children's health program."

"Our efforts to protect children will continue, because this issue is about so much more than politics. SCHIP is about caring for kids and doing the right thing.

Rest assured, we will keep working for America's children. "

"I appreciate your support."
Nick, here are my instructions. Keep voting for SCHIP until it becomes a national embarrassment for the Republican Party. It will. Don't give way. Way has been given. Our kids deserve nothing less than our best efforts..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent and right on it!