Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Fed-Up With Being Fed Up

Out today is startling news that Rick Perry is going to be spending some of his time this summer writing another book. He’s going to call it “Fed Up.” Fed Up with no hyphen.

Fed up with the Feds. Get it? It’s a pun.

And I’m just about fed-up with having a do-nothing-that’s-anything-good secessionist governor who thinks that people would be interested in what he has to say. Or, excuse me, what his “researchers” have to say.

The Dallas Morning News has this additional little tidbit:

“Perry's literary agent, Jim Hornfischer, said the governor will work with one or two researchers and will write a short, politically charged book.”

“‘There is a team involved here," he said. ‘He'll be focusing a lot of energy to make sure that the idea at the core of the book is true to his vision.’”

Explaining to me just how Rick Perry can sit down and write a book, a book that is scheduled to be out by the mid-term elections, and at the same time be governor, run for re-election, and prepare for an estimated $11 billion budget shortfall next year.

He has “a team” to write this book.

As they say, there is no “I” in “team.”

I expect truth in advertising. I’d like a book jacket summary with the percentage of words actually penned by Rick Perry. Otherwise what I am expecting out of the governor is much like the performance of Fab Morvan and Rob Pilatus of the group “Milli Vanilli” who are famous for not being the genuine article.

In short, I am fed-up with Rick Perry and his fakery. And so I am fed-up with his being fed up.

But Monty Python actually said it best:

“I think that all good, right thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that all good, right thinking people in this country are fed up with being told that all good, right thinking people in this country are fed up with being sick and tired. I'm certainly not, and I'm sick and tired of being told that I am.”

No comments: