Friday, May 13, 2011

The Force Is Strong With This One

My friend Dave pointed out something to me yesterday and I immediately saw the need to put up a blog post about it. Then Blogger decided to take the day off and I couldn’t do the post.
           
It’s still a good idea though and although not as timely as it would have been yesterday, I still want to do the post so here goes.

Remember back a little over 3 weeks ago when Governor Rick Perry issued a proclamation that over the Easter weekend that Texans of all faiths should pray to the deity of their choice for Him, Her or It to bring rain to the dry Texas plains?

His reasoning, I guess, was that if all of the various deities receive enough prayers they will pool their resources and get the thing done. I threw in my two cents with my prayer to the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

And how much rain did we get?

Bupkis. Nada.

And then who should come to Texas for a few short hours in Air Force One, flying right over the drought-stricken area – twice – this past Tuesday but President Barack Obama.

And what happened a mere 36 hours later?

This.


Say what you want about him, The Force is strong with this one.

No comments: