Thursday, August 07, 2008

Funniest Bumper Sticker I’ve Seen This Year

Driving around here in Red Texas you just don’t expect to see someone flaunting their liberal viewpoint on their cars. It doesn’t stop me, but I know others who live in heavily conservative neighborhoods like mine are, well let’s just say justifiably paranoid.

But we liberals do have a subtle, cynical streak, don’t we. Witness the bumper sticker on this car.

My guess is that most of my muggle neighbors who see this bumper sticker won’t realize who this Voldemort person is, but you can bet that they’ll vote for the sucker if the name appears on a bumper sticker like this.

Maybe they’ll think he is a write-in candidate. I wonder how many different ways they will be able to write (or actually, dial) his name in so that the county elections office to will be able to determine voter intent. After all, if “Draculac _ _ t” was acceptable as signifying voter intent for Shelley Sekula Gibbs two years ago, shouldn’t they be equally flexible on this one?

Will simply“Voldemort” be OK, or must it be spelled out as “Lord Voldemort?”

How about simply “The Dark Lord?”

Or what about "He-who-shall-not-be-named?"

Or my favorite: "You-Know-Who?"

No comments: