Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Restore the WHAT?

I admit to occasionally looking in at Zuckerberg’s website from time to time just to see what people are thinking and occasionally have been rewarded with some material for the blog.
Like today.
Today I found this little gem shared.
 
Making me ask myself where in all creation is the Pledge of Allegiance not being recited in public schools? I say the pledge every day with my AP students and was not aware of any current controversy in regard to the pledge.
Not that there haven’t been. Early on, adherents to the Jehovah’s Witnesses  faith objected in that the Pledge was to an oath to a graven image, which it is. JWs are given a pass not to pledge as a result.
More recently, in one court case the pledge was ruled an unconstitutional endorsement of monotheism, a ruling that was overturned later in a ruling that characterized the Pledge as “ceremonial and patriotic.” So there have been  no, repeat no restrictions placed on school districts forbidding them from requiring students to recite the Pledge.
In short, this FB appeal is nothing more than a scam to get people to believe in the onslaught against America by liberal pinkos, a scam recently sprung upon us by none other than Mitt Romney, whose claim at a recent rally convinced listeners that there was a movement afoot to remove the words “In God We Trust” from American currency.
Boy, we pinko liberals certainly are busy sorts, aren’t we?
And then I stopped and thought to myself, why ARE the words “In God We Trust” stamped on our currency? I don’t recall it on any of the other currency I have handled in my lifetime.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I suspect this is one of those things that keeps getting passed around and reposted long after the original was made.

Hal said...

My guess is that is probably true. Making it all that much the worse for being the lie that keeps on lying.