Friday, February 02, 2007

Molly Ivins Video From March 2006

I was busy tonight. I went to Melissa Noriega's campaign kickoff in Houston. Melissa is a former Texas State Representative who is running for Silly Shelley Sekula-Gibbs' old seat on Houston City Council. The room was elbow to elbow and butt to butt. I went with my friends Don, Susan and Ann. It was good to meet Melissa Noriega. She was really nice and paid a compliment to those of us who came to the affair from afar - Fort Bend County. We're throwing her a party in a couple of weeks. If you haven't ordered a ticket yet, hurry up, they're going fast.

So I'm tired and don't want to stay up late to put up a post. When that happens I go to You Tube to see if there is anything good there.

I was not disappointed.

Someone shot a video of a short speech by Molly Ivins at a rally in March 2006. She looked good, and treated her audience with her droll drawl. I was surprised to find out recently that she was a native Californian so her accent was learned and not inherited. Only Texans, to my knowledge, pronounce theater THEE-Ay-der.

Anyway here is the clip. Enjoy.

No comments: