Saturday, April 28, 2007

Get Ready to Protest Bush’s Veto of HR 1591 in Sugar Land, Texas.

Now that both the House and Senate have passed HR 1591, the U.S. Troop Readiness, Veterans' Care, Katrina Recovery, and Iraq Accountability Appropriations Act, 2007, we have to get ready for Bush’s veto of it.

Here is what our president said of the resolution:

“I’m gonna veto it”.

I know that I keep going back to Mike Gravel rant of a couple of nights ago but what he said was too true: “George Bush communicated over a year ago that he would not get out of Iraq until he left office. Do we not believe him?”

The veto will happen and Sugar Land, Texas, is mad as a box of frogs. Yes the people in Tom DeLay’s old stomping grounds, are determined to let the president know about it.

Here is the message I received from a couple of places today. Get ready to go down to the Sugar Land Town Center Courtyard – right next to the Town Hall sometime in the next few days.

“Dear Texans who have had enough of our President's misguided (to say The very least!)use of our military,I am planning a Post Presidential Veto "Protest Rally" at the SugarLand Town Hall (Town Center Court Yard) the day after the official veto. We can guess, but we cannot know exactly when that will be. It will also be necessary to time this event, so that we do not overlap with prior scheduled events. I can only say, at this time, to please be open for Saturday, Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday. I will let you know our schedule as soon as I know when the veto is official.”

“Here's a large, black-and-white sign that you can print at home. http://pol.moveon.org/vetorally/veto_tiled_bw.pdf Please feel free to print your own signs, however, we will be on TV,so don't embarrass yourself with printed words that "can't be said on the radio." (If you don't know what I mean here, email me.)”

Nancy Hentschel

There was a phone number there but I don’t have permission to post it at this time so instead, when I get word as to when the event will take place I will post the time on the blog.

Support Our Troops. End the War in Iraq.

No comments: