Tuesday, March 29, 2011

FBISD Board of Trustee Candidate Forum

A representative of The Fort Bend Employees Federation asked me to post this announcement on the website. Don’t know why. My six readers already know about it. But if you by any chance didn’t hear about it, go and see the candidates for Fort Bend ISD Board of Trustees. See them and judge them for yourself. I know I have to reconsider my judgment in one of the races as I clearly do not know the difference between Clayton Alpaugh and Bruce Albright. I kept getting them confused in the last election and the confusion seems to have resurfaced.

Again I am sorry for any stress or inconvenience that my simple honest mistake may have caused, especially to the 15 who had to view the mis-attributed video. It was a mistake of identity due to faulty memory and nothing else.

Press release follows:

FBISD Board of Trustee Candidate Forum
to be Hosted By Fort Bend Employee Federation

Sugar Land, TX - March 29, 2011 - With the current state budget crisis as a backdrop, the Fort Bend Employee Federation will host a "Cake and Coffee with the Fort Bend ISD Board of Trustee Candidates" at 7:00 PM, Thursday, March 31, 2011. 
 
The event will be held at the Sugar Land Marriott Town Center Square Conference Center and is open to the general public.

Audience members will have an opportunity to receive a copy of the candidate questionnaire published by the Fort Bend Employee Federation.  Answering the questions presented in the questionnaire is a prerequisite to participating in the event as well as making the candidate eligible for endorsement by the Federation. Attendees will have an opportunity to submit questions to the candidates as well as enjoy cake and coffee immediately following the event.

Thursday, March 31, 2011 7:00 PM
Sugar Land Marriott Town Center Square Conference Center
16090 City Walk
Sugar Land, TX 77479

2 comments:

Kenneth D. Franks said...

I know some people that ran for the school board in my local district last year. Actually I knew all of them. I really doubt most had any idea about the Texas Education cuts on the horizon. They know now I imagine with most boards renewing teacher contracts at this month's meetings. Every elected position is important even every single local school board. The right wing takeover of the State Board of Education slipped right by most people until they started changing history and making headlines. Every one should know who and what they are voting for and go vote. Don't think , "Oh It's just a school board election and I don't have time." There should be a early voting location if you can't vote that day.

Hal said...

There will be early voting locations, Mr. Franks, and thanks for reminding me. I will post all early voting locations as we approach the days. And provide a link to the county's information. They have gotten really good, lately, at diseminating this information. Don't know why.