Saturday, March 26, 2011

It’s Friday

I commented on the effect of Jackie Evancho on opera late last year. An amazing performance by a surprisingly young person.

Now we have an amazing YouTube video by yet another young person that I need to mention. Mention at least.

Young Rebecca Black has burst upon the media scene with her amazingly disconnected and verbose narrative about the fact that it has happened to be Friday. I have polled my classes and the vote is that kids either love it, hate it, or laugh at it out loud.

(LOL)

I don’t know. It just makes me smile. The disconnect. How a young girl relates to a really much older guy driving around in his car rapping. The kids think it is funny, too. So, anyway, enjoy the trip. Fifty million views on YouTube at this posting.

Since February.

3 million just since late this afternoon.

No comments: