Sunday, February 24, 2008

Endorsements? We’re Doing Endorsements?

You know, time was someone might have asked me who I was voting for and I might have, or might have not told them. It’s a secret ballot, you know. But all the Texas bloggers around here are Endorsing candidates.

Like the Houston Chronicle.

Or the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Last election cycle I did not endorse candidates because I felt that anyone who reads this blog for any length of time pretty much knows where I stand on the candidates. But then I thought today, there might be the occasional reader, or even the accidental reader who might encounter this blog through some Google accident, much like the 2 or 3 hits a day I get on my Susan Combs piece of some time ago. These hapless individuals are all googling the keywords “giving head” or something like that. So they all get to learn about Susan Combs, our State Comptroller.

These occasional readers need to know which candidates I support, don’t they?

So anyway, I thought I’d give this endorsement thing a whirl. I am only making endorsements on contested races so if you wonder why I am not endorsing any of the uncontested ones, that’s why. Also, if you disagree, I just don’t want to hear about it, OK?

I voted already.

President of the United States:

Democratic Party: Barack Hussein Obama

U.S. Senate:

Democratic Party: Richard “Rick” Noriega

U.S. Congress:

Republican Party: Don’t Bother (CD 22)

Railroad Commissioner:

Democratic Party: Dale Henry

Texas House of Representatives:

Democratic Party: Ron Reynolds (HD 27)
Republican Party: Paula Stansell (HD 26)

Justice Supreme Court:

Democratic Party: Sam Houston (Place 7)
Democratic Party: Susan Criss (Place 8)

Fort Bend County Sheriff:

Republican Party: Billy Frank Teague

Precinct 1 Fort Bend County Commissioner:

Democratic Party: Richard Morrison
Republican Party: Pick anyone (Richard will beat any one of them in November)

Precinct Chair No. 1040:

Democratic Party: Marsha Rovai (if you don’t she’ll make everyone’s life miserable)

Republican Party Referendums:

Referendum 1: Federal, state and local officials should be required to enforce U. S. immigration laws in order to secure our borders.

Contra

Referendum 2: The Texas Legislature should make it a priority to protect the integrity of our election process by enacting legislation that requires voters to provide valid photo identification in order to cast a ballot in any and all elections conducted in the State of Texas.

H-E-Double Hockey Sticks No

Referendum 3: Every governmental body in Texas should be required to limit any annual increase in its budget and spending to the combined increase of population and inflation unless it first gets voter approval to exceed the allowed annual growth or in the case of an official state of emergency.

You’ve Got To Be Kidding!

No comments: