Thursday, January 07, 2010

“Lost” Fans Fear Presidential Preemption

OK, now it is official. I have now heard it all. I thought I had heard it all when Brit Hume gave his heartfelt advice to Tiger Woods that he ought to dump his Buddhist beliefs because as a Christian he would be more easily forgiven for his dozen or so adulterous transgressions.

Telling me that Hume thinks that Christians are far more used to forgiving, and more practiced at it than Buddhists.

Which may actually be so, considering the line of adulterous Christians that seems to stretch back to the horizon.

But no. I finally have to admit that I hadn’t heard it all until I learned that fans of the commercial television show, “Lost,” have actually started a Facebook group called “Americans Against the State of the Union on the Same Night as LOST.”

Because apparently President Obama is set to deliver his State of the Union address, the only presidential speech that is constitutionally mandated, on February 2nd, Ground Hog Day. On the same day of the season premiere of said television show.

There are even comments on Twitter, the social networking medium preferred by GOPers.

Like “Leave my LOST alone, Skippy!” and “Come onnnn, Obama..pick another day.”

My guess that any other day, to these truly lost people, would be completely inconvenient to them as well.

Now, not being a fan of “Lost,” or really, of any commercial television show, I cannot commiserate with the fans of “Lost,” otherwise known as Losers, but I can offer a possible fix to their dilemma.

Watch it online.

No comments: