Saturday, December 22, 2007

John Edwards in New Hampshire: America Rises

Wow.

New Hampshire gets all the good stuff. When John Edwards visited Houston, Texas this summer about 350 of his devotees, me included, stood heel to toe in a room whose air conditioning system could not cool it down. These New Hampshire guys get to go and hear John Edwards give a very inspiring speech, AND listen to Bonnie Raitt and Jackson Browne sing. I hope they all paid something for that. Last time I heard John speak in person it cost me $15. Last time I heard Bonnie Raitt and Jackson Browne sing together it was at the Santa Barbara Bowl and it cost me $32.

So I got this email on this New Hampshire town hall meeting from Elizabeth Edwards. “Oh,” I thought to myself, “Not another request for a donation.” I watched the video that came with it and something clicked. I don’t know what it is, but Elizabeth Edwards identifies it as capturing “a feeling of warmth and hope”. It sure worked for me. Here is what Elizabeth Edwards wrote:

The holiday season is a time for family, a time to give thanks -- and a time to think back on the year past.

This past week, John was joined by two of my favorite singers, Bonnie Raitt and Jackson Browne, at a town hall meeting in New Hampshire. Take a moment to watch this video clip -- it captures the feeling of warmth and hope that we feel every day on the campaign trail. This is one of my favorite songs.

I hope you will take a couple of minutes to watch it, and share it with your family and friends over the holidays.

-Elizabeth Edwards

Consider it shared. Here is the video. It worked, Elizabeth. I plunked down $50 today. Others can, too.

1 comment:

TexasSusan said...

Yeah, it moved my cold heart. I also sprung for fifty.

We've been hungry for a candidate who thinks America can be great again.