Monday, May 25, 2009

God Help the Girl – An Introduction

Remember my little gift to you last week? A link to the official website for the new Scottish group “God Help the Girl?” And an audio link so you can listen to a startling song about everyday things: “Come Monday Night”.

Well they are ramping it up.

One month out from the scheduled release of their first CD they posted another video on their website. An introductory video that describes how this project began, how it developed, and some of the unique things about the project that has given me something to look forward to this summer.

Here it is, from You Tube:

You may wonder why I, a political creature who writes a political blog, have twice now turned my attention away from politics and toward music.

Well simply put, this group, and the concept that they are developing, just makes me smile.

No comments: