Thursday, May 21, 2009

John Cornyn and I Finally Agree On Something

I have to hand it to my US Senator from Texas, Junior Senator John Cornyn. He doesn’t let a day go by when he doesn’t say something impossibly idiotic. It has been almost comical.

Comical except for the fact that when he votes in the Senate he now usually votes No as many times as he voted Aye when the Republicans had majorities and a president in the White House.

But today he was quoted saying something that I can really get behind.

Dick Cheney should campaign for Republican candidates.

From Politico:
“I think it depends on the circumstance on the race [but] I’d be proud to appear with the vice president anywhere, anytime.”
I couldn’t agree more. I would love to see John Cornyn share the stage with Dick Cheney. Heck, I’d be thrilled if Cheney started doing this with all manner of Republican candidates, starting as soon as in the primaries next year.

Sharing the stage, a laugh or two, maybe a pitcher of iced tea, with REAL Republicans.

Because what we really want to do is stir up Cheney’s base and get them out to the voting booths and nominate Real Republicans to run against Democrats in the fall. Republicans that are as scary as Dick Cheney is.

Or as dumb as John Cornyn.

No comments: