Wednesday, July 22, 2009

On Speaking Norwegian

Susan has a link to a cartoon that I have posted below. She claims that the cartoon is too big for her not-a-blog so just used the link. I don’t have the space problem and so I decided to post it.

Another fun fact about Norway is that they have been a haven for Mullah Krekar, a Kurdish terrorist who sought asylum in Norway in 1991. Norway revoked his asylum in 2003 when they found out that he had been back in Iraq for extended periods of time planning terrorist attacks. But being the evolved people that Norwegians are, they didn’t expel him for fear that the Iraqis would torture and kill him.

And recently we hear that Norway has received assurances that he will not be tortured, and will not be executed, if he returns to Iraq.

So you’d think they would send him back, right?

Nope. As it turns out the Norwegians don’t want to expel him just yet “due to the conditions in Iraq.”

Conditions caused by Bush, Rumsfeld, and Cheney.

What language do they speak in hell? If I can get an ISP when I go there I’ll find out and blog it for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't remember any stories about folks from other countries going to get medical treatment in Norway do I? Help me remember.