Saturday, August 29, 2009

Kennedy: Not the End of the Dynasty?

The shrill rightwing fanatics are kicking up their heels today in anticipation that there will not be another Kennedy to dominate politics ever again.

Ted Kennedy, they think, is the last of their kind.

I wonder about that.

Did you see Teddy Kennedy’s funeral today? I think the Kennedy clan have been keeping a secret weapon under wraps.

Watch Ted Kennedy, Jr. as he spoke today at his father’s funeral.



This guy is a Kennedy at his core. Well-spoken, hilarious, sincere.

4 comments:

Fenway Fran said...

Agreed. The same thought crossed my mind as I heard him speak. And reached for my kleenex...

Anonymous said...

Agreed. The same thought crossed my mind as I heard him speak. And reached for my beer and cheetos...

Hal said...

Your doctor would not approve of this kind of lifestyle, Anon. Sitting in front of your TV pounding down beers and noshing on Cheetos (did you check for any that might look like Jesus?) does nothing good for your HDLs, LDLs, or triglycerides.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I agreed that Teddy Jr. has the Je ne sais quoi. A star on the rise for sure. From beginning to end, the laying the rest of Edward Moore "Teddy" Kennedy was beautiful, historic event.

I could not help but think as I saw Bush, whether or not it dawned on him that the outpouring of love, affection, respect, and reverence is the actualization of what it looks like when you have been true in serving and meeting the needs of the people for the greater good.

I cannot imagine what a corporate funeral would look like sans ordinary people who give their last accolades and tributes of love and respect.