Sunday, October 21, 2012

CNN on Crowley

So this morning I sat through most of “State of the Union” with Candy Crowley in an attempt to hear the woman herself discuss what has been a hotbed of discussion on the conservative spin shows on Fox. A comment on whether she was correct to fact check the claims by Mitt Romney that the Obama Administration took two weeks before it concluded that the attack on the Benghazi consulate on September 11th was a “terrorist attack.”
 
And from what I could see, Candy Crowley has moved on. She didn’t comment. Not on her own news show anyway. CNN, however, has weighed in here and it is worth a read in advance of the presidential debate tomorrow evening because Mitt Romney must bring this up again.
He must.
It was a gaffe of the worst kind for Romney to express such an ill-informed observation. It indicated to me that Romney will tune his attention to conservative talking heads who often find themselves on the wrong end of facts and truth. Romney needs to fix this and turn it around to make it look like he had it correct.  I predict he will, and he will again fail.
I also predict he will attempt to interrupt his way through the whole thing.
Romney hasn’t a snowball’s chance in HE double hockey sticks of coming out of this smelling like a rose. The facts are stacked against him. To come out on top he will have to issue such nitpicky comments that he will be seen as the pitifully vain man that he truly is. He should take my advice and simply drop this and go on the attack in other areas, like where was Obama when Hillary was dodging bullets in Bosnia.
Oh, and yeah, by the time I sit down with my bowl of popcorn to watch the debate on MSNBC tomorrow evening I will have already cast my vote for a straight Democratic Party ticket (minus bat crap crazy Kesha Rogers).
And on to November 6th.  

No comments: