Thursday, November 29, 2012

We Have Salvation Army Vouchers

I was walking into my nearby neighborhood grocery store this evening to pick up a few things and walked past the Salvation Army kettle and the bell ringer without placing a single copper-plated zinc penny in the kettle’s slot.

As is my habit.

I am boycotting the Salvation Army, you see, because of their anti-gay doctrine.
Well, “anti-gay” is perhaps a too soft term for the Salvation Army’s doctrinaire position on gays, as found in their induction manual, the Salvation Army Story.
They want gays to die, you see.
Die.
It’s right there on page 28 of their manual, citing Romans 1:32
 
“Though they are fully aware of God’s righteous decree that those who do such things (engage in homosexual acts) , deserve to die, they not only do them themselves, but approve and applaud others who practice them.”

This, a Salvation Army spokesman says, is “part of our belief system”.
Their belief system, that is, that gays deserve to die.
Usually I would like my snubbing of these kettles to communicate more than just not doing something, because most people walk by and don’t do anything as well. Do anything like drop some money in the slot, that is. So my protest is rather silent because I know that if I accost one of the bell ringers with my protest they won’t have a single clue to what I am talking about.
So now we have an answer. We have, if you will, a voucher system.  It is found here at HuffingtonPost, but I gladly provide a downloadable copy here.
 

No comments: