Sunday, October 25, 2009

Legitimizing Fox News

I was amazed this morning to see that included in the “Roundtable Discussion” on ABC’s This Week with George Stephanopoulos was a Fox News talking head by the name of Laura Ingraham.

Why is this legitimate news program including someone in the discussion who has no real credentials in news media, either as a news maker or as a journalist? Then I got my answer. One of the items on the agenda was the controversy of the Obama Administration’s open warfare with Fox News.

That is, if you are going to talk about Fox, why not have a member of their breed at the table?

If you missed it, here is the full clip of that discussion from You Tube:



I find Laura Ingraham to be an irritating person. I hate the sound and tone of her voice. And try as she might she simply cannot function without applying liberal doses of sly snarkiness that is the trademark of Fox News.

It makes me truly wonder what goes on in the minds of people who get all of their news from Fox. It really must affect your very soul to have a constant barrage of untruths, non-news and manufactured news hurled at you day in and day out.

The only comfort that it gives me is that according to the clip Fox News is the opposition.

Quoting Leon Podesta:

“I think Fox takes it a little bit to a different level, I think ah Bill Shine the vice president for news at Fox came out and said ‘We are the opposition’. You know, that I think can you imagine [ABC News president] David Weston going out and saying something like that?”

Because if Fox News is the opposition the Republican Party, the former opposition, is truly a party in trouble. Trouble in the way of approaching the edge of existence.

No comments: