Saturday, March 03, 2012

My Generation’s Music: The Best Ever

Music has always been very important to me. I grew up loving rock and roll. I had a brief foray with Country and Western but have since regained my senses. Today I spent not an insignificant amount of time going through my collection of music, it is vast and diverse. My students sometimes remark on the wide variety of music I play over my classroom’s speaker system.


It was for good reason that I went through it. This summer I will be reuniting with the people I went to junior high school with. And elementary school. Music defined my generation and those tunes will all be played there.
And I keep playing this one over and over. It is by far my most favorite Diana Ross and the Supremes tune ever.


It holds new meaning for me.


No comments: