Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Outta Here for Awhile

I have a wedding to attend.

My cousin’s son has found himself a wife. No one could have predicted it but there it is.

So I am out of pocket for the next few days to help celebrate this blessed event. Oh, right, that is a birth.

So I am outta here to help them hope to dear God that the union lasts.

Not an optimist am I.

I could mention the word “Pre-nups” to my cousin’s son and it would fall on deaf ears. He is, after all, in love.

Here is what I like about the next generation. They don’t learn from our mistakes. They keep making the same ones over and over.

Here is what I don’t like about the next generation. They make the same mistakes as my generation did. Only faster and more efficiently.

So in case you don’t hear from me for the next few days it is not because I have gotten sick or gotten sick and tired of writing this thing. It is because I am not portable. I like my desktop. I don’t own a single wireless thing. I am T. rex writ large.

I am . . .Half Empty.

No comments: