Friday, March 12, 2010

Rush Limbaugh is a Big, Fat Racist Bigot

A big, fat racist bigot who makes millions of dollars being a big, fat, racist bigot because he has millions of listeners who are themselves, big, fat, racist bigots.

He must be. They must be. How else can you explain the conversation that he had with a listener the other day over the listener’s claim (a false one) that embattled Governor David Paterson will get to pick someone to replace discredited former Congressman Eric Massa. Here is the exchange that is found here at Media Matters:

CALLER: Yeah. Hey, listen. Interesting sidebar to that Eric Massa mess for Democrats. You know, our besieged governor, David Paterson, will be charged with naming a replacement for Massa. And I'm wondering if there's any chance -- do you think that Paterson –

RUSH LIMBAUGH: Wait a minute.

CALLER: -- will exact some revenge on Obama, Emanuel, Cuomo, the whole Democratic gulag, by appointing a Republican or, at the very least, a DINO -- a Democrat in name only?

LIMBAUGH: Are you sure that Paterson appoints or is there a special election?

CALLER: I am reasonably sure that Paterson will be appointing the replacement, assuming that he, you know, doesn't resign in the next 60 or 90 days.

LIMBAUGH: Let's assume you're right. So, David Paterson will become the massa –

CALLER: Yes.

LIMBAUGH: -- who gets to appoint whoever gets to take Massa's place. So, for the first time in his life, Paterson's gonna be a massa. Interesting, interesting.

But really, you need to listen to it yourself. Listen to how he changes his voice ever so slightly in the last sentence. So to hear it, click here to hear it at Media Matters (their embed code doesn't work here for some reason)

Did you hear that? Did you hear how he tries to imitate the accent of a black slave when he intoned the word “massa?” And I think MediaMatters was being too kind in their transcription. I didn’t hear any “na” sound when he said the word, as they transcribed it, “gonna.” I heard the word “gohn.”

You know, for decades we had white people playing the roles of black people in radio and early motion pictures, shucking and jiving, making African-Americans look like fools when they weren’t making them out to be dishonest. Those are bygone days, now, and you don’t see that stuff around anymore, right?

Well I guess, now that we have a black President it’s OK to bring all of that dirty laundry of the past out of the closet and put it right back out there on the clothesline for everyone to see. America’s youth, who fortunately have probably never seen this spectacle will be amazed. These days when a white girl emulates an African-American singer it’s because she wants to look cool.

Here’s the crap that I was raised on.



And, apparently, it’s back.

7 comments:

Marsha said...

Hal, I was bored driving to Sugar Land Friday and turned on the radio. Much to my surprise I heard Rush Limbaugh say "If they pass the Health Bill (by both houses) I will move!" I was cheering and said, Boy two wishes come true, then I heard the caveat. Rush added " I will go to Chili for my medical care". Disappointed again.

Anonymous said...

I am sick and tired of Rush, hannity et al. Why aren't there dem alternatives?

Hal said...

There are alternatives, Anon, but it's not free. Yes you can hear Fox over the public airwaves but to hear the Democratic view, you need cable. MSNBC is where I get my news. Followed by Jon Stewart on Comedy Channel and Bill Haher on HBO. Nice, huh?

Capitalism writ large.

Anonymous said...

Radio alternatives?

Hal said...

A couple of weeks ago I would have said Air America but they are going off the air.

See if you have a Pacifica station in your area. I can get KPFT in Houston 90.1 MHz

Then there's NPR.

Larry said...

White people don't need to make black people look like fools - blacks do a good enough job themselves. Ain't that right, Massa?

Hal said...

Oh I just love the smell of burning racists in the morning.

Jesus might forgive you, Larry, but we definitely cannot. Burn, baby, burn.