Monday, June 25, 2007

There’s Someone For Everyone

There is someone for everyone. That is one of my closely held beliefs, along with the credo that appears on this blog’s masthead.

There is no better illustration of this than the world’s ugliest dog, Elwood, and his owner Karen Quigley. Elwood, after a failure the previous year, earned the title “World’s Ugliest Dog” in a Marin-Sonoma county fair in Northern California this weekend.

I, myself, cannot imagine anything uglier than Elwood, but as it turns out, he had some good competition. Check out the ones who didn’t make the cut here.

Where the title of this posting fits in is this: Ms. Quigley saved Elwood from being whacked by his breeder/owner, who, she says, “was going to euthanize him because she thought he was too ugly to sell.”

Said Elwood’s current owner, "I think he's the cutest thing that ever lived."

See what I mean? There’s someone for everyone.

No comments: